Critical Reflection Essay Planning pt. 2

Like I mentioned in my last blog, in class on Wednesday, our teacher presented a Nearpod with tips for our Critical Reflection essay. The last 2 questions I want to talk about are:


How do the elements of your production work together to create a sense of ‘branding’?
&
How do your products represent social groups or issues?


The tips I wrote down for each:


How do the elements of your production work together to create a sense of ‘branding’?
Describe the brand you wish to develop
Discuss how (or not) all three components work to develop your brand 
Discuss what could be changed to improve brand development


How do your products represent social groups or issues?
Provide specific examples of representation incorporated into the production (groups, ideas, events, etc.)
Consider if your project is successful in developing your representation goals


For the third question, I plan to talk about how we split up the different elements of the production and how they work together to form one cohesive brand. I think there definitely could've been improvement in the area so I will also talk about critiques as well.


For the fourth question, I plan to talk about why we chose to focus on college dancers and how our project goes about representing them. College athletics is a big thing for sports like football, basketball, and for some schools baseball but dance is rarely ever acknowledged. I have seen very few shows about competitive dance and have only seen 1 show based on college dance so including this social group of hard-working DI dancers is important.

Comments

Popular Posts