Back to plan A!

We have finally received a response from our original idea! On Saturday I reached out again and this morning I was woken up by a text saying that we finally got the green light to move forward on making a documentary about the University of Miami Sunsations dance team. We have media studies tomorrow so we will now be able to thoroughly plan and do more serious research. Tomorrow in class we definitely need to finalize our shooting schedule to make sure we are working in a timely manner. Another task my group needs to start to work on is finalizing the questions we want to ask our interviewees. When the coronavirus pandemic hit last year I learned that it is very important to not wait until the last minute to do the project so I would like to film and edit as soon as we can because we never know what roadblocks may appear in 2021. I plan to do a lot of research this week so I think many of my blogs for the week will reflect this, I plan to discuss the history of UDA and UM Sunsations and how that information will be incorporated into the doc. I feel that it is very fitting that we got this approval today since it is international women's day and female empowerment seems to be something they greatly value. I am very excited to finish up the pre-production stage and move into production. I have high hopes for this project and truly believe it will be some of my best work. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts